Tuesday 24 December 2013

A very good day

I met Dr. A. this morning at the Jewish General Hospital.  I had my full chart with me.  He spent over an hour with me and Nicole methodically going through the chart, his own work up and the networked information he had available to him.  At one point I mentioned that I had been through the Mount Sinai  Pulmonary Rehab program.  He left the room for a moment and returned with Ester.  We recognized each other right away with big smiles.  She is my contact person with the pulmonary and cancer people at the Jewish as of now.  I call or email her with anything, anytime.  She has instant access to the Doctors.  All of my prescriptions were renewed.  Dr. A. says we will modify things as we go along but for now we leave things as they were, drug wise.  He agreed that I had to know if a transplant is possible ASAP.  He forwarded the department head at Notre Dame a consultation request, by email, phone and fax.  While I was sitting there.  Pinch.  

It's the holidays.  I better relax and let it happen naturally now.  Might be a couple of weeks, but, I am to have my answer.  I will know not so long from now.  

I am exhausted.  I am very lucky.  

Merry Christmas!  

No comments:

Post a Comment