Friday 20 December 2013

A big ass Christmas present

We have had some big happenings in the last week or so.  We had gotten significantly behind in our municipal taxes, two years actually.  I had a plan but it got short circuited by my bank when they paid the arrears.  That was great in one way, but it meant that I had three months to come up with almost $6000, because our mortgage is up for renewal at the end of January.  We would not have survived a reapplication.  It had to be renewal and the arrears had to be cleared.  Well, we did it, with a little help from my Sister.  We did it mostly on our own, but without her help I would have come up short. I have the cash.  We will have our renewal, a very tiny monthly mortgage payment and the equity that is Nicole's nest egg is safe!  I feel really, really good about that.

What a Christmas present eh?  A farking house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment