Tuesday 17 December 2013

A meeting with The Dr. Too this morning

I just got home from a long, emotional and fruitful meeting with The Dr. Too.  She heard me.  It took everything I have to get her to commit to helping me directly, right now.  At first she wanted time, a vacation starting in two days.  Then she wanted me to wait to see how things set up with the pneumologist I might have next month.  Questions about why The Dr. did this, did not do that, all kinds of tangential shite.  I had to push hard.  At one point I thought to myself ok, she is not going to get actively involved right now.  She sees obstacles everywhere.  Who do I call? Who will listen to me?  What can I do?  I told her I have no more time left. Days count now.  I asked for the chart back and started to get up to leave.  I was not angry but I was immoveable.  I think about then she heard me.  She understood and picked up the phone.  She came up with a plan, a good one that will get me an oncologist for my cancer right away, a pneumologist right away, and make Notre Dame aware of me right away.  

She got me an appointment tonite at the Jewish General!!  Tonite. I listened to the conversation.  She sold it so sweetly!  Told him the whole crazy story, enlisted him into her plan to get me back on the fast track, get my ass on the list before time runs out.  I hugged her so hard, told her how grateful I was.  She is going to call me later today.  She wants me to call her tomorrow to tell her what happens.  The Dr. Too will not stop, she will be fierce and relentless and will not quit.  Thank you The Dr. too. 

I will not quit.  I am not finished.  I have Dr. P. and perhaps Dr.L. to draft onto the team.   I'll be on the local news if I have to. There is no more time.  Hello world.  I am a very squeaky wheel right now.  Look at me.  Pay attention.  My life depends on you acting right now.  

I am excited about tonite.  I feel cared about and looked after.  I am pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment