Sunday 22 September 2013

What the hell is going on with me?  That was my question sometime on Friday afternoon, I think.  I felt disconnected from reality, hot and cold sweats, tingling in my fingertips and toes.  I could write about quite a few other symptoms but it only took me a few minutes to figure out what the problem was once I was lucid enough to form the fucking question.  Prednisone.  Ever since I got home I have not felt remotely like myself.

I think the hospital did not taper me off the 50 mg of prednisone that I was on during the hospital stay.  I went directly from 50 to 15 mg.  A recipe for disaster.  It explains a lot about the shit I am feeling, have been feeling.  

I dropped my dose on my own this morning to 10 mg from 15 mg. This in fact may be opposite to what I should do.  I see The Dr. on Wed.  I will call tomorrow and see if I can get some advice in the meantime.  

No wonder I have been feeling so utterly horrible.  Just knowing this makes me feel better.  We may have to rethink prednisone on a daily basis.  


Seeing Mark, Cindy and Madeline at our house was lovely yesterday.  The little one is thoroughly adorable, smart, nice and charming.  You can tell she is surrounded by love.

Considering everything, I am feeling reasonably ok.  This is the big week coming up.  The biggest since The Dr. uttered the word "transplant" back on March 3rd of this year.  Nova is coming to psychosocial save us, cancer treatments should start, or at least I should have the appointments and referrals to the oncologists and I ought to get a yes/no at least as to my lung transplant application being made.  


No comments:

Post a Comment