Thursday 19 September 2013

Six more days before I see The Dr. and head off on the next stage of this journey.  This morning I feel very tired and numb emotionally.  I will gladly take that.  The stress feels muted and in the background.  I imagine I have worked myself into a frenzy of sorts over the last couple of weeks and I have now crashed.  It has not been as dramatic as that sounds.  Not wired up every second, and never forgetting that I am somewhat depressed.  For me, if I can remember that I will be ok.  Somewhere over the next week, maybe even today I will meet the psychologist.  Next Wed afternoon after The Dr., a good friend who is an accountant will sit down with me and figure out where we are at.  I am flying rather blind at the moment.  

I have lost ten lbs since I went in the hospital on August 27th, six since last Friday.  I started to eat more often, smaller amounts.  I am 106 and I need to be 120.  Eating is just another thing that is difficult to do short of breath.  

I have managed to avoid colds and flu for a few years.  I don't expose myself needlessly and I stop doing stuff physically when I feel symptoms coming on.  I feel the symptoms today.  I am going to lay fairly low.  Not time yet for the emergency antibiotics.  I could just be run down and needing some rest.  I have slept really poorly for the last few nights, as has Nicole.  Maybe a day kicking back might be in order.  I have been working, exercising, walking as much as I can, staying on my feet, moving as many hours a day as possible.  I think today is going to be a day of rest.  


No comments:

Post a Comment