Tuesday 19 November 2013

Butterflies & pounding heart!

I went to The Dr.'s office and filled out the forms.  No office hours today so I will call tomorrow to find out what happens next.  I think everything is done now.  I think now I just wait for the call from Notre Dame Hospital to go in for the transplant evaluation.  I am excited.

I am not thinking much about how hard it will be.  My thoughts are more of the things I might yet get to do again.  Like riding a bike, walking a golf course, running, taking care of my own home. Thinking I might yet live to be 70 since I almost have 60 beat. Thinking about Nicole not having to be a caregiver to me.  All dreams, but closer.  

I really want to do it now.  I really want to live.  I feel so strong right now I have no doubt I can survive the operation and the rehabilitation.  Today I visualize the operation, the recovery, the rehab as sort of a game.  I love games and I am competitive. Suffering is all part of playing to win.  The prize being enough breath to have another go at being super fit, enough energy to run and run and run.  Oh my I want.  I am ready!  Maybe I can make it on to the Transplant List by Christmas?  By my birthday at the end of February?  I think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment