Wednesday 6 November 2013

Dr. P. Says Good To Go

On Monday morning Dr. P. unequivocally informed Nicole and I that he would be calling The Dr. to advise him my heart was up to the standard required for a lung transplant.  I think we are back on again, at least in terms of getting an application submitted to Notre Dame Hospital.  I will chill for the rest of the week.  I will call June at The Dr.'s office on Monday if I do not hear from her this week.  Will The Dr. sign off finally?  Will there be something else??  Who TF knows!  Not me!  Know what?  It's ok.  It's all good.  I is only along for the ride, ready for whatever comes next.

Dr. P. told me I actually had two separate heart attacks.  The first one at home on that fateful Tuesday morning in August.  That was followed three days later by another larger heart attack on Sunday morning while I was in the hospital.  I would not have guessed about the second one.  It did not involve any chest pain at all.  It was a horrible event that lasted at least 4 hours, I was put on a ventilator and I do remember wishing I could just die and get it over with.  Still, it felt like another breathing attack or breakdown not a heart attack.  Live and learn I guess.  Dr. P. started to get into the technical aspects of what happened to my heart.  I was surprised to find I was not particularly interested, I did not make any notes.  The damage to my heart is considered moderate to medium.  Right side is fully congested, left side fully functional. The strength of the muscle is reduced overall by about 35%.  This is all within the norm according to Dr. P.  Surgery is not called for. Medications for life.  

So, we feel good about things as they stand now.  Stress and misery are nowhere to be found in our house.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment