Wednesday 1 May 2013

June, from the Dr. called me mid morning Monday in a friendly and familiar way, asking me to join the Dr. in a meeting on Friday at 11:00 AM.  I have not thought much about cancer since I last posted though it has obviously been in the back of my mind.  It will be good to have a direction after the meeting on Friday, to know what I have to do next.  If by some awful chance I have to deal with the unthinkable this summer there are things I have to do soon, resignations to make, decisions to take.  Transplant route is far more conducive to my normal summer life.  I can stay active at my lawn bowling club.  I can coach a little, drink some beers and shoot the shit with the old gang.  

I started taking prednisone, again, late last week.  I wont bother with the details but I basically felt drained, exhausted, aching, suffocated with no reserves available.  Two hours after 40 mg of prednisone I started to feel better.  Next morning felt good.  Walk a flight of stairs without pause.  Second morning, Super Man, no more aches and pains of any kind.

Spring has sprung here.  Today is summer like.  Life outside has begun at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment