Thursday 25 April 2013

It has been a long, slow eight days since I had the PET scan.  I have spoken to the Dr.'s go to person, June several times since then.  On the day of the scan I gave her a heads up that the scan had been done and that results would be available two days later, a Friday.  I spoke to her then and I would have to wait until the next week, which is now this week.  An early Monday morning call to June had her assuring me that I was not being a pain in the ass at all, and that she would have me some kind of definitive answer as to when I could sit with the Dr. and get the results.  She asked if she could call me Russell.  I feel like I have my inside contact taking care of me.  June is very kind, sweet and very helpful and professional, above and beyond the call of duty.  I had my call back before lunch.  The Dr. will go to the Jewish General on Thursday or Friday to view my PET scan for himself.  The Dr. is an assistant professor at Mcgill as well as a practicing pneumologist affiliated with three hospitals that I know about.  I like him, the way he interacts with me and I have confidence in his judgement.  There are only certain days of the week I can get to him, and that is the way it is.  I will not get to see him before late next week.  It took me a day or so to process that.  If the PET scan had been alarming or obvious I would know by now.  So, I do not have cancer is still the reality of the day until further notice, and, I really feel that way.  I don't dwell on it very much.  No dark thoughts or dreams of any kind.    I am just a little bit proud of myself for how I have been handling all this, over the last couple of years.  Self inflicted wounds.  Not so proud of that.  It balances out.




No comments:

Post a Comment