Thursday 18 April 2013

I had the PET scan at the Jewish General Hospital in Montreal.  Of course I have no inkling of the results.  I was told after the test that the Dr. could have access to the results 48 hours after the test was completed.  When I got home I called the Dr.'s office and let them know that the test was done.  The Dr. will be back in the office on Monday, so it will probably be later next week before I know my fate, maybe.  It is a real comfort to know I can call my Dr. and talk to a person who knows me and cares about me.  I am told there are a lot of false positives and to be prepared for that.  The staff that I encountered at the Jewish were first class, especially Marie Claude who made the experience a positive one.  Last night I did not sleep very well.  My mind wanted to deal with the what if's of me having cancer, now.  So, I let it happen and thought about it.  Today, I am back to being cancer free and on track for a lung transplant until something bigger, stronger and more determined than me comes along.  Waiting still sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment