Tuesday 9 April 2013

I thought I would wait until I heard from transplant clinic at Notre Dame Hospital before making another post.  It was my intention to start my back story once I was involved with the transplant program evaluation of my suitability as a candidate.  I had a CT scan on March 8th.  Between that date and last Tuesday I waited to hear from either my Pneumologist or the transplant centre.  I had been feeling ok since I last saw the Dr.  but by last Tuesday I was feeling dreadful.  I called his office and they got me started on prednisone right away.  I started to feel better almost right away.
 The Dr. called for me to come and see him on Monday April 8th.  The news is a bump in the road, at least.  I have a polyp showing on the CT scan.  So, I am to have a PET scan next week, April 17th. I  hope I am cancer free, hell, who doesn't.  I think in some places any cancers in your history will make you unsuitable for transplant surgery.  I sure hope not.  One thing I did learn is that I would not survive any other lung surgery besides a lung transplant.  That would limit treatment options.   A bump in the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment