Wednesday 8 May 2013

It feels like a long, long time since last Friday and the meeting with The DR.  (I am going to ask permission to use names) I came home remarkably calm considering the fact I do, or at least we are operating as if I do have a teeny tiny turtle paced lung cancer.  My application for a lung transplant is for real and I have The DR. and his colleagues on top of the cancer.  They don't sent those applications out lightly.  For now we ignore cancer.  Does not exist in my world.

I took Friday, Saturday and Sunday off.   I ate a lot of my special cookies, watched hockey, played with the cats, laughed with Nicole.  Nicole is super cool with everything right now.  All she wants is to have a shot at the lung transplant.  Anything to keep me longer.

Monday morning real life intervened in the guise of a Beaconsfield Lawn Bowling Club executive meeting.   I needed to attend to let my friends know what was happening to me and that my ability to do my job as Greens Chairperson might be in jeopardy.  They were so wonderful.  I have been on the exec for almost ten years and the club is a central part of both my and Nicole's life.  I have lived and breathed lawn bowls for the last 20 years, most of them at this club.   They asked what I wanted to do.  I told them I want to drag my sorry ass around the green until I can't anymore, and then some buddies can drag me some more.  I am going to keep my job.I did not go to the hospital to schedule tests.  I figured tomorrow.

I went to Lakeshore to schedule the echo cardiogram.  There is a six month wait for the test.  My requisition had The DR.'s name with URGENT FOR TRANSPLANT EVAL on it.  A little huddled meeting and I had an appointment for the next morning at 7:00.  I was mighty impressed.  Transplant seems to carry some weight.

The echo cardiogram was really interesting.  Afterwards I had a consultation with the cardiologist that lasted all of 10 seconds.  She smiled and said "the transplant guys are going to really like your heart".  Oh my, she made my day!  My week!  My month!  Seems everything is perfecto.  The test itself took about 40 minutes and was a lot more involved than I had expected.  The technician, Christine, was a pro with a good attitude and was willing to answer my numerous questions.  I watched the whole thing.  I had a feeling things were good.  All the round holes looked nice and even.  I was amazed at the number of measurements she took.  Hundreds of data points.  really impressive, and, non invasive.  Nobody poking me with nothing.  I liked that part.

Next up a 24 hour collection of pee.  Pee before poo so you don't lose any.  I screwed up today, plus I forgot to take a container with me to the hospital.  Sure, I wont need to go between 6:30 when I left the house until 9:30 when I got home.  Uh huh.  Sure.  I will get that done next  Monday, the next possible day I can.

I called The DR. yesterday because I was coughing up some stuff which was an alarming colour.  I needed advice on what to do.  Since I started taking an antibiotic every day I have not had to resort to my action plan antibiotics.  Now I think I might have to do that but I am unsure of if I stop the daily one or not.  Don't know.  We did not discuss that.  As it is, I am no longer honking up green but I still feel a bit hot in the chest.  So, when The DR. calls I will get that straight.  I stopped prednisone last week and I am going to try to stay off it for another week or so, at least, if I can.

Nice sunny warm day.  I am going to take advantage of it.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment