Monday 5 August 2013

This post is mostly aimed at my family, friends and acquaintances, people who know me in real life.  Not too long ago, a very close friend, who happens to be an excellent writer, told me I should have started this blog anonymously.  There have been many days that I agreed with her entirely.  Oddly, getting naked with strangers is a lot easier than getting naked with friends and family.  I did not think of that when I started. 

Pride is a powerful sin, indeed.  I avoid writing about my loneliness because I do not want you to needlessly worry about me.  I do not write about my isolation because I do not want your pity.  I have avoided writing about my fears, my pain, my sadness because I love you and I am strong enough to shoulder my own burden, I do not want to trouble you anymore than I already have.  

I do not have any progeny.  I will leave nothing behind other than memories and they will fade.  I need to leave something to show I was here, that I was alive!  This is my feeble attempt.

I am going to let it all go and just write without fear of offense, or pain, or slights caused.  Please forgive me, I have to do it.  I love you all.

ps

I read this again a few minutes after posting.  I amuse myself sometimes at just how easily I can trick myself into looking away from something I really ought to see about myself.  Really, the last paragraph needed to say "without fear that you will disapprove of me, my actions or my feelings".  It's my ego that has to be overcome! 




No comments:

Post a Comment