Saturday 24 August 2013

I had an attack of some kind this morning a few minutes after I got up.  All of a sudden I could not breathe at all.  None of my tricks were working.  I could feel the panic rising.  Alone in my office, trying with less and less success to stay calm I tried to restart my breathing fitfully.  My chest burned and all my muscles were spasming uncontrollably.  I could feel my consciousness starting to fade.  It was terrifying.  After what felt like an eternity I began to gain control and get my breathing into a rhythm.  This led to hyperventilation and I was swept with a wave of nausea and chills. Sweat poured out of me, I was soaked in an instant.  Then I started to shiver, harder and harder.  At that point I had regained control of my breathing again and I knew that the worst was over. I had come close to getting Nicole to call 911. 

 She did not see it, I kept to myself in the office.  I wandered out of my space and went to join her in the living room.  She was alarmed at the sight of me shivering and sweating.  A nice blanket was brought out and soon I felt ok again.  I ate a cookie and within a half hour I was talking non stop, playing with cats, dressed and bird watching a beautiful cardinal who put on a show for us at the big window.  Now, a couple of hours later, whatever the hell it was is past.  I feel quite good again.  I will have a nice easy Saturday.  Two soccer games on this morning.  I have spinach gnocchi and a tomato sauce to make this afternoon.  Couple of movies this evening and a bit of G+.  I have so many things I want to write about, too.  A lot of stories to tell.   

No comments:

Post a Comment