Thursday 15 August 2013

I finally got the call for the CT scan early this morning.  Scheduled for 5:00 tomorrow afternoon.  A very odd time, they are normally closed.  Happy days.  I think squeaky wheel with charming unforgettable personality is what it takes, sometimes.  June of The Dr. is an angel.  

So, as they told me back at the end of winter, even before spring had sprung, hang on and sit tight, nothing much is going to happen this summer.  Summer has just about come and gone, now.  We'll find out more about the cancer in a couple of weeks, probably faster if the results are not as expected.  I have not had any of the anticipated symptoms of lung cancer as far as I can tell.  Radiation is next up, and hopefully The Dr. will finally put his blessing on a final draft of his application for my lung transplant.  If it is not to be I want to know that, too.  

I took a long walk this morning, by myself.  I have not gone out by myself in a couple of months.  A stroll up Cedar St. and up to where the bridge goes to Ille Bizard.  I walked west a couple of streets and then turned back towards home.  A little dollar store stop for some bread loaf tins and I walked home.  My pace was very slow, I stopped often to catch my breath.  Whenever I found myself drifting out of the moment I pulled myself back.  I was strong enough to focus on the flowers and the trees and the gentle breeze on a perfect day.  No internal dialogue replaying endlessly things I cannot change.  It was a most lovely walk.  

I am ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment