Wednesday 2 April 2014

I dunno

It is probably safe to say I survived winter now.  I would not have bet on it six months ago, but hey, I have never been much of a gambler anyway.  I turned 60 a month ago.  Sixty I never thought I would see.  Family history and a decade of hell bent self destruction seemed to ensure I would not.  Here I am, though. Mentally I am stronger than I ever have been before.  I know who I am and I love that person.  I have learned my lessons well.  I don't have any answers as to my direction at the moment.  I feel lost but I have not stopped searching.  I lack a dream, something to work for and towards.  Perhaps that is too harsh.  I do have something and that is Nicole.  Making sure she will be ok now and in the future.  For sure that is my main goal in life now and forevermore. I mean me, myself, I.  What do I yearn for?  What do I want beyond a good death?  Physically, I feel perfectly powerful until I move.  When I do, all of my energy is instantly vaporizes into nothing.  Empty.  Fall down in a heap empty.  I am constantly surprised by this.  Constantly.  Every time I expect to be like I was.  Strong, coordinated, quick.  I am not.  This is too rude.  Like a baby, helpless in a heap.  The infernal optimist will be fooled again and again and again.  There is seemingly no end to the surprise my weakness brings, each and every time I get up.  Outright stupidity and self deception or indomitable spirit?  Indomitable I say!  I have no dream, no yearnings and that is bad, bad, bad!  You can't look forward without a dream, and if you don't look forward you are dead.  I am not dead.  I need a dream!

I need to write everyday, honestly without ego, with perspective. I have been asleep, wasting my time being introspective and closed. Open flower, open.  Spring is here!  Live!  Love!  Blow up that bubble! Now! 




No comments:

Post a Comment