Friday 2 May 2014

because


What we doin here
I started writing Transplant story when I realized that I was inevitably going on what I had come to view as a journey. It's for me.  In the last thirteen months I find myself looking back at early posts in order to better see where I have been and where I am going.  It has been helpful to me.  Keeping that record helps me to adjust my thinking and perspective as circumstances change. That is the only reason I do it.  It is sad and somewhat telling that sometimes people might view it as a means to an end, a manipulation if you will, or sadder still, an attempt to elicit sympathy. That Transplant story is wound into my G+ experience is a happy coincidence, a most happy one for me.  It was just a matter of timing, I found G+ at the same time I decided I needed to write about what was going to happen to me, and they acquired Blogger about the same time and it was right there in my face, so I grabbed it and started.  

I joined G+ in mid March 2013.  A lot of the folks who comment on Transplant story regularly I met very early on through G+.  Virtually all the comments that are made on Transplant story come from my G+ world, not MRL.  In a perfect world I probably would not spend upwards of a half a dozen hours or more everyday interacting with my circles, that time would be spent with RL people.  I am shut in, mostly.  The phone rings a few times a week.  There is a knock on the door once a month or so.  Out of sight out of mind.  I have no bitterness.  My RL is quite full, considering. I am very loved.  There are though far too many hours, days and weeks where it is just Nicole and I.  G+ fills the void and does so in an amazing way.  I have heard "your internet friends" said a few times IRL during the last year, always with disdain and a lack of comprehension. What a wonderful thing I have found and become community with.  I leave the comments on because most of the comments come from people who help keep me strong and who encourage me.  Any thoughts someone might have that suggest otherwise says a whole lot more about you than it does about me.  

A few G+ people have written me privately to tell me some wonderful things.  I have touched and inspired them.  That makes me feel fantastic.  

Transplant story has about a year before any real transplant stuff takes place again.  I plan to tell some stories, talk more about Nicole and share my feelings about the universe.  I like stream of consciousness dumps too but I seem to get into trouble with those.  On vera.  

I love you RL, you too G+ peeps.  Find me anytime on G+.






No comments:

Post a Comment