Wednesday 12 June 2013

Tomorrow morning I have a pulmonary function test at the Lakeshore Hospital.  This is, The Dr. says, necessary for the lung transplant application.  They are tests I have had a number of times.  Nothing special to do to prepare for them.  Well, she did say no smoking when confirming my appointment.  No problem.  The next important test is a CT scan to measure that thing growing, or hopefully not growing. on my lung.  The Dr. wanted that done in July.  I have not heard from the hospital yet.  I will call The Dr, at the end of this week if I have not heard from them.  I want that done.  I want the transplant application to move ahead.  I want to know if and when a lung transplant is ruled out.

I went to see my family Dr. on Monday in order to get referrals to a rheumatologist I saw last in 2009 and an opthamologist who sent me for cataract surgery in 2011.  The rheumatologist wanted a new referral and I could not for the life of me remember or find anything to tell me who had seen me about the cataracts.  I really did not want to deal with bone issues but the pain cannot be ignored.  The steroids are doing bad stuff to my bones and I need the steroids to live every day.  So, next Monday and Thursday I see those two Dr.'s and see what help that might bring.

I try not to think very much about the future or all of the things outside of my control.   I will write more about what I feel in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment